Information Technology Specialist
With experience of working in numerous IT roles that cover many different sectors including healthcare. I am an enthusiastic individual who likes to make a difference and would like to progress into a more senior role.
I have experience of offering training to colleagues within the team and the rest of the organisation which includes hardware use as well as training for different software rollouts.
Summary of Skills
- Windows Server, Windows 10
- Android app development
- Active Directory, Azure AD
- Office 365 and PowerShell
- Veeam Backups
- Hardware diagnostics and repair
- VoIP Configuration and implementation
- Project Management
- Lead trainer
- Extensive telephony knowledge including cable provisioning
- Contract negotiation
- WordPress site development, SEO and DNS configuration
St Barnabas Hospice
Cloud and Server Specialist
- Project lead for VoIP based PBX rollout
- Contract negotiation for third party services and equipment
- Training provider for new staff members
- WordPress website development
- Android mobile app development
- Microsoft SCCM/WDS and smart deploy imaging
- Microsoft Intune configuration for MDM solutions
- Group Policy administration
- Writing SOP’s and processes
- Experience with Hyper-V
- Networking – Installation of cabling, configuring Netgear switches and inter VLAN
December 2018 – Present
Systems Support Engineer
- Creating new processes, documenting the changes and training staff
- Creating databases and writing queries
- Designing and creating a new intranet
- Data cleansing and system analysis for new Ecommerce website
- Liaising with third parties to implement process to recoup costs when items are damaged during courier transfers
June 2017 – December 2018
Other previous employments including numerous temporary contracts working in support roles for phone lines and DSL services, EPOS, IT hardware and software, IT training as well as being a telecoms installation coordinator.
- GCSE Mathematics and English (Grade A)
- Comptia A+
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- HND: ICT
- Access to HE Diploma – Computing
- 3CX – Basic, intermediate and advanced certification
- NVQ Level: 2 Leadership and Management
- NVQ Level: 2 Business Administration
- NVQ Level: 2 Customer Services
- Level 1 IT Systems Support (hardware)
I have recently led a project rolling out VoIP across the organisation. This has included identifying all lines currently in service across 8 sites and porting numbers across to a SIP trunk, discussing individual needs across different departments and ensuring that service is always maintained during the transfers.
This included not only learning the new VoIP PBX but also managing the existing Mitel 3300 PBX so that calls could be diverted from one system to another until the number ports had completed. This is a project that has saved the organisation £60,000.
During my time at St Barnabas Hospice I have been promoted from a second line position to a third line and given the title Cloud and Server Specialist.
I make it my duty to ensure that the Service Desk is maintained which includes looking at analytics from the Service Desk ticket system as well as stats from call volumes.
I have built a reputation as being an approachable individual who will offer suggestions to implement new technologies and processes within the organisation which includes telephone contact centres, website development for different projects and staff training.
Another recent project was negotiating the DSL services for 26 shops, installing cabinets and using ubiquiti network devices to monitor and manage the network and wireless access points.